Hi my loves! Recently, I was tagged by my wonderful fellow blogger Lauzies Lifestyle for the Sunshine Blogger Awards. Her blog has always been so interactive and supportive of mine, so I decided to accept the award and post it here for you all to read today!
The Rules for these Awards are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominated 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is the biggest regret in your life?
I think my biggest regret is letting my anxiety talk me out of situations in my life. I’ve suffered with anxiety for several years now, and while I’m in better control of it now, I haven’t always been. There are times where I wished that I would have gone out and done things instead of straying away because of my anxiety.
2. Which book has been the most influential on you?
The most influential book I’ve ever read was Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. I had to read this book for my summer reading assignment in High School and it was so eye-opening about the simplicity of life and what the true meaning of existing is.
3. If there was one person, alive or dead you could meet to spend a couple of hours with to chat, who would it be and why?
I would love to meet with Jim Morrison from The Doors. Jim is one of my favorite front-men out of all the bands I listen to, and I find him to be so interesting and intelligent. I would love to walk around Paris with him and discuss life and music!
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
Honestly, I’m a mix of both but since I currently own a little kitten named Dexter, I’m definitely more of a cat girl now.
5. If you could talk to your younger self, what would you say?
If I could give my younger self advice, I would say that no pain is temporary. I would also say that it’s okay to be yourself, no matter what anyone says or thinks. I think in my younger years, I spent a lot of time scrutinizing the negatives, but now I’m at the point in my life where I’m just saying whatever and living my life as the punches roll.
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
If I could have any superpower, I would love to be able to read minds. That could be a blessing in disguise, but I think it would be pretty amazing.
7. What inspires you when blogging?
I drag a lot of my inspiration for blogging from what goes on around me. If I’m scrolling through Instagram and I see a make-up look I’d like to try, I’ll go out and do it and write about it. If I’m reading a blog post that I really enjoy and would like to recreate, I’d do that as well.
8. If you could take 5 items on a desert island with you, what would they be?
- My Cell Phone
- A Portable Charger
- My Cat
- A Boat
- Gas for the Boat
9. At what moment in your life have you felt the happiest?
I think I feel the happiest when I’m around the people that I love. It doesn’t really matter what I’m doing, as long as I’m in good company. However, specifically I think my vacation to Mexico last summer was the happiest and most care-free I’ve felt in a while.
10. What genre of music do you enjoy listening to?
I have a really vast music taste so honestly I listen to a lot of different bands and artists, but I think my favorite genre would be classic rock and hip-hop/rap.
11. What is your biggest secret? ( Don’t worry about sharing anything too personal!)
My biggest secret is that I love boys with blue eyes. I don’t know what is is about blue eyes, but I literally have an obsession with them and eyes in general when I’m attracted to someone. I find them to be so beautiful!
- How wold you describe your sense of style?
- Who is your celebrity style icon?
- What movie has influenced/touched you the most?
- Where was your best vacation?
- What is your favorite album that has been released this year?
- Do you like to listen to your music by headphones, speaker, or record player?
- New York or LA?
- Coffee or Tea?
- If you could only shop at one store forever, which would it be?
- Are you a spender or a saver?
- What do you look for in a significant other?
Thank you to everyone who read today’s blog post, I’m sorry I missed Thursday’s post but I was on a spontaneous beach vacation and I didn’t have my laptop with me. If you were tagged I’d love to hear your answers, and even if I wasn’t able to tag you I’d love to see your responses in the comments below!